Lamwell Motor Company Limited ("Lamwell") is committed to protecting your privacy.
We only use the personal data that you supply to us for the following purposes:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to fulfil a request you make of us through this website, e.g. for a test drive or vehicle details;
- e-mails may be sent to you for the purpose you registered but will not be used for unrelated marketing.
- in order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include Finance Companies and AA Warranty.
Lamwell only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls and they can only use your data to provide services to you, and for no other purpose
How We Proctct Your Data
- we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely.
- we will delete your personal data as soon as we complete your enquiry through our website.
- personal data, such as names and email addresses will not be sold, rented or leased, and not kept longer than required to provide the service it was supplied for.
- upon purchasing a vehicle your personal data will be stored for up to 7 years on our secure password protected system, the legal basis being that it is a necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, as the HMRC require this for accounting purposes.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
Legal Basis for Using data
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Lamwell including
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
If you have any questions about how Lamwell uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on:01202 593344
- e-mail us at: [email protected]
- write to us at: Lamwell Motor Company Limited, 124 Ringwood Road, Ferndown BH22 9AW
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, the Data Controller is Lamwell, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 437 3906 and whose registered office address is at Lamwell Motor Company Limited, 124 Ringwood Road, Ferndown BH22 9AW.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site. For more detailed information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org
How to control and delete cookies
List of the main cookies
Here is a list of some cookies that may be set by us while using our web site ASPSESSIONID and ASP.NET_SessionID allow us to recognise your requests from page to page. This allows us to remember your previous selections and choices, navigate back to previous pages etc. These cookies are removed when you close your browser.
AutoChat may be set if we use live chat on our web site. This is a web site analytic cookie.
Google.com provides web site analytics and may set the following cookies __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
Third Party Cookies
We use a number of suppliers who also set cookies on our website on its behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing. We sometimes embed photos, video, social sharing icons and other content from external websites such as YouTube, Flickr and social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from one of these sites you may be presented with cookies from their website. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these. Here is a list of some cookies that may be set by our third parties while using our web site:
Flash Cookies (local shared objects)
From time to time, we may use Adobe's Flash Player to deliver content. To improve user experience, Local Shared Objects - or Flash Cookies as they are commonly known - are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored on a user's terminal much the same as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way. The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain or for all websites - see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for details. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you for Flash based applications.
Information that is gathered from visitors
Almost all Web servers record users requests made upon them (such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit) in log files.
How the Information is used
The information is used to enhance the vistor's experience when using the website to display personalised content.
Personal data, such as names and email addresses will not be sold, rented or leased, and not kept longer than required to provide the service it was supplied for.
E-mail may be sent to you for the purpose you registered but will not be used for unrelated marketing.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, you may unsubscribe by replying to any of the email correspondants and simply state you wish to unsubscribe to the service.